Sunday, January 30, 2011

Back In For Another Round

Som what should I write about... don't really have too much on my mind at the moment. Just been fiddling about on facebook playing Madden Superstars and was about to play CityVille before I got a attack of the shittz.

My parents are awesome. "attack of the shits (now shittz)" was one of the sayings my dad used to say when he was getting stomach cramps.

Another was "a case of the ass" when you were feeling antsy or couldn't sit still. Its funny how things we hear so much growing up stick with us.

Just like, I remember this one time, my parents always made it a point not to swear in front of me, its one of the things my mother can't seem to grasp these days, why I swear as much as I do since they NEVER sweared in front of me, nar on a random occasion they would lose their cool with someone or something. Anyways, this one time, we were coming back from upstate NY where we used to spend every weekend when I was growing up, halfway between the towns of Calicoon and Hancock. I miss that, but anyways, we were coming back from upstate, and, I'm pretty sure it was memorial day weekend, simply because, and I don't know if they still do this, but, on one of the bridges we had to cross, they had a GIANT ass American flag hanging from the entrance from the Jersey side to the NY side. I believe it was the George Washington Bridge. But, it always seemed like there were lessoffs driving whenever we were driving home, not much has changed, out here in California, these people don't seem to realize that their vehicles come equipted with fucking DIRECTIONALS... anyways, same kinda thing....

This one time, my dad got cut off, and, I believe it was fairly close and he yelled "Cunt Lapper" at the top of his vocal range at this lessoff that cut him off. 20 years or so later, I'm still finding that more funny than offensive. I don't know, maybe I'm fucked up.

Man, the things we remember huh? Just like, I'm sure that not EVERYTIME we passed under or could see that huge American flag, but it just seems like it NOW, but, I just remember everytime we were passing it, or could see it, Bruce Springsteen's song "Glory Days" was on the radio while we were near it.

Courtney Cocks was in that video was she not? Man, if so, she is fucking OLD.

I really miss going upstate. My parents own a piece of property, 13 acres or so, that they always wanted to build a vacation home on. They never got the chance. I had hoped one day I would be able to build a vacation home on it, but, with me leaving my pot of gold job, and, living 3000 miles away now, doesn't seem like it would be practical to do it now. It's a shame. It was in the middle of nowhere, and, definetely a great way to spend a relaxing weekend away from the hustle and bustle of society. Maybe one day i'll get to look into something like that out here. California is so large, I'm sure there is places like that here.

Maybe one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment