Monday, January 31, 2011

Dubai... It's The Same Thing as Doomaas...

I am so hopped up on myquill right now, that I can't stop laughing at this other old adage from my friend and ex coworker Matt, you remember him, the one who was always asking the age old question... "Is It Doody Or DooDEES?, and, it's prolly not a good thing that I am laughing, I'm not yet passed out ready cause of the nyquill, and, I'm just chilling in bed with my gf, watching a horrible movie called Backwoods with Haylie Duff, while trying to see how fast I can finish a game of solitare on the computer, my record so far? 137 seconds, and, it's like 1230am or so, and, my gf and her sister both have to work tomorrow, and, me being the bum I am at this moment in time, I don't, so, I can't very well keep laughing and waking them up, especially since my gfs sister has threatened me on multiple occasions if she had heard this...

Me: Hey, have you heard?
GF's Sister: Heard what?
Me: That Dubai... is the same thing as Doomaas?!!?
GF's Sister: yeah, I've heard that way more than I would've liked, and, you're just lucky I worked all day or I'd get up and smack you right in your face.

So, if I awoke the residents of my house that are sleeping by laughing at something like, Dubai... It's The Same Thing As Doomaas...

I'd prolly be sleeping in my car tonight... which I guess wouldn't be SO bad, since, while it SEEMS chilly out, I could get away with the state of mind, I COULD still be in NY and its like 20 and snowing there....

But back to this adage....

I don't really know where Matt came up with this, nor do I have ANY sort of clue what the fuck that shit means, but, I DO KNOW, I get a chuckle out of it everytime I hear it in my head, since, well, it's MATTS voice in my head saying it... even more funny is that when I SAY it, I don't hear MY voice, I hear MATTS voice... I guess thats more weird that funny tho, because, I should be hearing my voice. You know I bet I know how THAT conversation would go...

Me: Dubai... its the same thing as Doomaas....
Gf's Sister: dude, shut the fuck up.
Me: Did I say that?
Gf's Sister: Uh.... yeah...
Me: Weird, I hear Matt's voice when I'm saying it, even tho the words are coming from my mouth. See I KNOW this, and yet STILL, I hear Matt's voice?
Gf's Sister: Yeah, I don't know who Matt is, but your really strange

So yet I add another question for the ages.... What the fuck does that mean? I mean, Matt, when he started saying this, I believe he heard the word "Dubai" on the radio, without actually HEARING what the story was about... It prolly went something like, Matt was fiddling about on his iPhone, and, wasn;t hearing the radio, just, i guess.... imagine the teacher from Peanuts, you know, the Charlie Brown and Snoopy cartoons? Well, imagine that for 5 or 6 miutes... than say Dubai... than 5 or 6 more minutes of the Peanuts teacher....

Than, we got to an area to do some work, and... BLAM...

Matt: Hey, Dubai... its the same thing as doomaas!!!!!

rolls off his tounge.

I know when ASKED about Dubai, Matt didn't have ANY clue about what the hell Dubai actually was, in fact, I kinda doubt that Matt to this day, knows what Dubai ACTUALLY is, THIS being the ONE fact I know about this old adage leads me to rule out, 100%, that he isn't saying the people of or the country of Dubai ITSELF are Doomaas'. Anyone that knows Matt would agree 100% with me....

So, subtracting this, what the fuck does that mean?

Maybe once I die, and, if I'm lucky enough, I'll be let in on the secrets of the unverse, one of which I truly and sincerely hope, is the meaning of...Dubai... It's The Same Thing As Doomaas.

No comments:

Post a Comment