Thursday, January 27, 2011

Had An Interesting Topic...

...But I seem to have forgotten it during the night. Another day of job hunting on the internetz, getting very tiresome and frustrating and each day goes on. I kinda want to punch 1-800-flowers in the face today, at 645am this morning, they called me. Did a quick search on the internetz when I got up to see who it was, and, others had complained about a telemarkers from 1-800-flowers calling them from that number. Whats annoying is that they lessoffs work out of Brentwood, CA, so, CALLING at 645am THEIR TIME, is calling at 645am my time and waking me up. I don't believe I will be using 1-800-flowers again for this reason.

So, in addition to being a... "Writer", I'm also a..."Cook". I'm actually a lot better at consitently trying to cook than write. From what people tell me, I should cook for people for a living. My gf's mom's husband, whom I respect, has told me on multiple occasions that the dishes I've prepared are better than alot of the high class resteraunts he goes to.

It's flattering.

One thing that I DO feel sets me apart from most cooks in general is, that when I cook something, I love to hear constructive criticizm. Even if the people I am cooking for finds my food phenominal, I always try and find a way to improve on myself.

Like last night, I had made waffles during the day, the box of baking mix was out and saw a recipie on the side for like some apple crumb nut dealee. I decided since we had straberries in the house I'd make it with strawberries and use the banana pudding mix in the closet in the dough to make a strawberry banana dealee.

It didn't come out too bad, but it didn't come out as good as I would've liked. Next time I need to use a second box of pudding mix, as well as some caramel being suggested.

Hm, why did I start talking about that? Oh, its weird to me that people seem to say constantly go with your passions in life. At 35, its not really possible for me to do something like, go to culinary school and become a chef. I'd still need a job. IDK, just weird how life works with some things you know?

Ok, back to job hunting, red cream soda, all in the family, and strawberry/banana dealee.

No comments:

Post a Comment