Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Still Here....

So I finished the previous doody or dooDEES post, and, I assumed I'd be off my Porcelain Throne by now. Not happening, which, isn't very pleasant since I took 4 Sleep Aid pills before so I could pop on my mp3 player, and pass out while listening to my meditation mix. Was looking forward to listening to the score for the movie Sunshine and relaxing.

As an adendum to the last entry, "Is It Doody Or DooDEES"?, I'm now wondering what does diarreah fall under?

ANYWAYS, I was just not thinking about one of the best differences between living in Southern California's Inland Empire and New York's Long Island... the people in the retail store out here seem to have WAY better attitudes when helping you.

Before I Cooked diner earlier, I had to run down the street to Ralph's. It's a food store out here I didn't have the pleasure to shop at in NY. I choose to shop there cause, well, LOL, if anyone has seen "The Big Lebowski", it gets not only a mention, but the opening "dude" scene takes place there, everytime I go in, i get a nice chuckle cause I think about "The Big Lebowski", anyways, I ran down to the Ralph's to pick up what I was asked to cook for dinner. Mac and Cheese and some hotdogs... Also got some Smoked Sausage and a Smoked Kielbasa. I miss homemade kielbasa, theres an amazing place on Long Island to get it called Rapacki's. One of the things I'll go and purchase and fly back home with the next time I go home for a visit.

OH and EVERYTHING I bought was on sale. I'm running out of money, so whatever I can do to conserve, the sausages were a "treat" for me, but, the Mac and Cheese was 50 cents a box!!! What a FAT DEAL!!!!

But, the Ralph's I go into, EVERYONE that works there has such a wonderful attitude. In NY, when you go into a retail store, everyone has such a horrible attitude. These people out here seem genuienly happy to take a few minutes out of their day to answer a question, or to have a nice word when ringing me up. one of the ladies even told me I had fastly become one of her favorite customers since I always have a smile on my face. I told her that its REAL easy to have that smile when the customer service at the store is so amazing.

It makes the harder things a little easier, and, makes things like running to the store a pleasure when you KNOW your going to get wonderful service with a smile. I know my gfs dog Holly appreciate this too, as, one of Hollys favorite things is going for a car ride. Holly is a very meticulous dog. She takes her time with everything she does. The only 2 times she really gets excited is when were going for a walk or a car ride. Its so funny, I've been out here about 2 months, I decided when I'm going on shorter car rides, I'll bring Holly. By the third time I jingled my keys where she could see, she learned that meant a Car ride... I'll open the door, she runs out, and by the time I turn around to lock the door, shes already sitting at the back bumper of my car. She also learned about when I'm going up the street to get the mail too.

But yeah, Holly LOVES car rides.

So let me go, I seem to be having issues in here, I hope I'm not catching the stomach bug part of what my gf and her sister have.

No comments:

Post a Comment